Attention Dog Training is looking for an amazing office manager who is outgoing, fun, willing to learn and has an entrepreneurial spirit. YOU may be the perfect fit for our successful, proven dog training team lead by our talented trainer Darrel Hager. Please read this website and check out Darrel’s youtube channel, Darrel Hager, before applying to learn about this company and Darrel’s style of training. He is the brains behind this awesome dog training system and he will be training all employees along with his wife, Amy Hager for this position. Dog training experience isn’t required for this position but you will need basic dog handling skills to let dogs out to go potty and to help educate our customers when they ask questions about training. As a new and growing company, all employees will be asked to multi-task with multiple roles. We want an employee who will help grow this company and who has a desire to help lead a growing team of people. This role will have some overlap with a kennel tech position until the company grows to expand it’s staff. Another role that we will need help with is working events. The office manager’s schedule will be mostly Mon-Fri 9-5pm with the exception of when we work weekend or night events. Events are extremely important for our business and any new employee MUST be able to help out with them. We will ask for a flexible schedule and give a week day off or the day off to work a Sat or Sun or night event. We invest of lot of time, care and love into our employees development and we want a strong work ethic and attention to detail.
The office manager MUSTS and job responsibilities include:
- Must have a car with current license – You need a car so you can travel to events, occasional group classes, visit vets & doggie businesses and run the occasional office errand, etc.
- Must have s working cell phone, iPhone or Smart phone. We’ll need to sync up appointments/events to your phone calendar and you must have the ability to take photos and videos of our doggie’s training and text or email them to clients.
- Ability to answer phones and call event leads with a fun enthusiastic attitude.
- A fun outgoing personality with a genuine love for dogs and a confident attitude towards handling dogs.
- A computer is a MUST. A mac laptop is preferred as you will need it for scheduling appointments, ordering inventory, researching events, updating the website, checking emails, managing our contact list, update online marketing, bookkeeping, statistics and video editing.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, depending upon events. We’ll want someone available M-F 9-5 with flexibility to work night or weekend events. We work events almost every weekend with the occasional weekend off. Sometimes it’s only a 1/2 day farmers market on Sunday and other times it’s a three or 4 day Home & Garden Show. We’ll accomidate by giving a weekday off to make up for working any nights or weekends and won’t ask for any overtime help. Ideally we will grow enough to hire an event staff but as a start-up we’ll need everyone to help out wherever it is needed. Gathering leads at events is a top priority as without leads we have no business.
- Ability to Attend Group Classes, it’s a bonus if you have the ability to lead them.
- Ability to Attend Lead Generating Events is a requirement for all staff. We have approximately 1 event a week and some 4 day events once a month.
- Daily Check in with Darrel Hager or Amy Hager.
- Attend weekly Trainer Meetings & Continued Education.
- Help interview new trainers.
- Ability to work independently and as a team and have strong communication skills.
- Must be willing to work in all weather conditions as most of our events and group classes are outside all year.
- Video, Editing, Sales, PR and Creative Marketing Stills are a bonus.
If you think you are a super awesome, self motivated individual with the desire to grow with an exciting company and have the above requirements for this job then please send a resume and a cover letter or cover video explaining why you are a good fit for this position to email@example.com. No phone calls please.